So here we are, up in Weymouth.

This is our first team trip away. Last weekend, between myself and Zennor we made the trip up here to host training for the Spitfire class, it was a great opportunity for me to get to know some of the new teams entering the catamaran program, and for Zennor to see a bit more cat sailing and pick up a thing or two.

After a crazy Saturday session, where all of the spitfire guys put in a great effort and sailed in some pretty fruity conditions, we had a really good Sunday on the water, where I hope all the teams took some things away. As we waved goodbye to all of the spitfire sailors on Sunday evening, it was time to start focusing on our own plans again.

Monday was change over day. We woke up early and headed to the boat park, where we unloaded the boat and prepared to take our aluminium mast up to Southampton and exchange it for a nice new carbon one. Most of the rest of the day was spent driving from Weymouth to Southampton and back again. But we did find time to have a quick catch up with some of Zennor's friends who happened to drive past us on the road, and we also used what was left of the day light to rig the new stick as much as we could.

Tuesday was a perfect day, after finishing up some of the rigging first thing. Zennor and I got out on Weymouth waters for the first time. The breeze was up and down but it was a great opportunity to sail the new rig in a range of conditions, and most importantly nice and sunny! We did a long session on the water, we were enjoying ourselves so much we even forgot lunch and just kept yachting around the bay. By the time we were back on the beach the sun was already starting to set, so we quickly packed up and retreated back to our accommodation. A great day, the rig felt good and the sun shone.

And back to now Wednesday. As I write this I am looking out the window at Portland harbour, which could be confused for a giant mirror right now, there is not a breath so we have used the time to do a few jobs on the boat and get a bit of fitness in. Hoping the breeze picks up later this afternoon, and tomorrow looks like it could be a bit exciting!

We are training here in Weymouth through until Friday where we will then complete in our first regatta together over the weekend. It is a national ranking regatta and an opportunity for Zennor and I to get a feel for racing together.

Check back to see how the training develops and of course to see how our first race goes!